Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives.
The inspiration begins with you.
At Sport Chek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Full-Time) - Regina Saskatchewan
The Assistant Manager assists the Store General Manager in maximizing the net profit of their location by effective management of all functions in the store. The Assistant Manager is the “second in charge” and is responsible for all aspects of the store when the Store General Manager is absent as well as to their respective department. The incumbent is an ambassador of active lifestyles and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of FGL’s Leadership Brand.
What you’ll do.
· Enforces delivery on the Game Day Service Standards:
· Greet & Approach - Ask & Assess - Make recommendations - End the sale
· Provide continuous feedback and coaching to Associates using the SPH Report, Huddles and formal performance evaluation programs.
· Is focused on coaching team to delivery of established Mystery Shop ratings.
· Demonstrates and follow up on execution of FGL visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
· Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes and department POP as per Playbook resulting in 100% system pricing including weekly prices sweeps
· Collaborates / leads execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal merchandising plan.
· Maintains and executes on tech shop service, maintenance and compliance standards
· Monitors and creates store weekly scheduling with sign off of SGM and reacts when needed on a shift by shift basis.
· Assists in preparation and execution of annual inventories.
· Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
· Responsible to assist in delivering annual corporate shrink targets through team education and enforcement of LP and audit standards, and inventory controls.
· Assumes responsibility for all operations of the store in the absence of the manager
· Coach and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
· Create and communicate execution of Daily Game Plan for the department and store
· Create development plans for Full-time staff; support and coach to improve any performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to improved team.
· Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions.
· Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Forzani Retail College training within timeframes
· Facilitate and lead team meetings.
· Coaches team and leads in execution of Customer Experience, proactively provides resolution for all customer concerns.
· Maintaining a positive work environment for staff.
· Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
· Maintain FGL performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
· Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
· Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment.
· Provides mentorship to teams and influences continuous growth, exemplifying FGL’s Leadership Brand.
· Achieves personal sales goals and drives store sales
· Achievement of Department / Store Budget
· Shrink at or below target
· Payroll at or below budgeted pay %
· Expenses at or below budgeted %
What you’ll get
· Competitive salary
· Discounts on all the latest gear
· A fun, fast paced team environment
· Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring.
· Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
· Proven ability to build and manage a daily game plan for the department and store
· Exceptional communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Superior training and mentoring skills
· 3-5 years retail experience required
· High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
· Fundamental computer skills an asset
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s largest active lifestyle retailer, with over 150 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy active lives? Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted.
"Within the confines of applicable Human Rights and Privacy Legislation, FGL Sports Ltd. require all successful applicants to provide a criminal record check."
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
Location: Regina, SK
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.